Date : May 15, 2018
Terms & Conditons
Acceptance of Terms
Registration and Eligibility
create any account for anyone other than yourself without such person's permission;
- use a User Name that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a User Name or Livetrips account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or
- use a User Name that is a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.
Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, posted or otherwise obtained through the Service by users, is collectively referred to as, "User Submissions." User Submissions that are, or ever have been, part of a trip that has a “Public” privacy level, or that are not part of a trip (for example your hometown or user bio text) are collectively referred to as “Public User Submissions”. Users Submissions that are (and have always been) part of a trip that has an “Only me” privacy level, are collectively referred to as “Private User Submissions”. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Platform is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated; that Livetrips will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content. When you delete your User Submissions, they will be removed from the Service. However, you understand that any removed User Submissions may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but following removal will not be shared with others) or may remain with users who have previously accessed or downloaded your User Submissions.
Aggregated Pools of Information
Rules and Conduct
infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Livetrips in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- other than appropriate use of an Add-to Link, involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without Livetrips's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Livetrips or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any staff member or representative of Livetrips;
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Livetrips in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Livetrips's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- bypass any measures Livetrips may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service);
- run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Platform;
- harvest, scrape, copy or mirror any Content from the Service;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Platform Content (other than your User Submissions), except as expressly authorized by Livetrips;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
Feedback and Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
Livetrips welcomes your feedback regarding Livetrips' existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide only specific feedback on Livetrips existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that Livetrips policy will not permit it to accept or consider. It's just one more way that Livetrips can learn how to best satisfy your needs. Any feedback you provide to Livetrips or any of its employees shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Livetrips shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation or attribution to you.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Platform. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Livetrips's control, and you acknowledge that Livetrips is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Livetrips or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Livetrips shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Save to the extent required by law, LiveTrips has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Liverips has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Service; what Content you access via the Service; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release LiveTrips from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Service. The Service may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. LiveTrips makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Service, and LiveTrips will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service. You release us from all liability relating to your connections and relationships with other users. You understand that we do not, in any way, screen users, nor do we inquire into the backgrounds of users or attempt to verify their backgrounds or statements. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or the veracity of any information users provide. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and any damages resulting in any way from communications or meetings with users or persons you may otherwise meet through the Services. As such, you agree to take reasonable precautions and exercise the utmost personal care in all interactions with any individual you come into contact with through the Services, particularly if you decide to meet such individuals in person. THE SITE, SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, SAVE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW.LIVETRIPS, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICE, CONTENT AND ADD-TO LINK IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
ALL LIABILITY OF LiveTrips, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HOWSOEVER ARISING FOR ANY LOSS SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE THE SITE, SERVICE, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR ADD-TO LINK IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAVE THAT, IF A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION DETERMINES THAT LIABILITY OF LiveTrips, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS (AS APPLICABLE) HAS ARISEN, THE TOTAL OF SUCH LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN AGGREGATE TO ONE HUNDRED EURO’S (100 EURO’S). TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LiveTrips, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY OR OTHERWISE (AND WHETHER OR NOT LiveTrips, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HAD PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, SERVICE, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR ADD-TO LINK FOR:
- INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES;
- LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS;
- LOSS OF REVENUE;
- LOSS OF GOODWILL;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- WASTED EXPENDITURE; OR
- COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES.
- DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING AS A RESULT OF OUR OR YOUR NEGLIGENCE (AS APPLICABLE);
- FRAUD (INCLUDING FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION), THEFT OR OTHER CRIMINAL ACTIVITY; OR
- ANY BREACH OF ANY OBLIGATIONS IMPLIED BY SECTION 12 OF THE USA SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 OR SECTION 2 OF THE SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES ACT 1982.
Personal Information Collection
Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your username, email address, Facebook username, avatar photo, location, vehicle, hobbies, notes, your website, and phone (used when sending information through the use of SMS) use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, enabling you to share your location and moments with others, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends may see (including LiveTrips or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your email and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. We may also draw upon your Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- People with access to your trip: For each individual trip, in its “Trip settings” you can choose who can see it based on 3 privacy levels:
- Only me: Your trip will not be publicly visible and only you can access it.
- Everyone: Your trip becomes publicly accessible on the internet, and potentially every individual in the world can see it.
- LiveTrips Staff access: Even if your trip privacy level is set to "Only me" or "Only my followers", on an occasional basis LiveTrips staff members may still access your trip data for research and testing purposes and to solve problems you might experience.
Consequences of disclosing information: People who can see your trip, can see all its details including your current location (as described in more detail), previous locations on this trip, name, email, profile photo, links to your and Facebook accounts, photos you post, stories you write, and which LiveTrips Services you use. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in trips, comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
Locations, Events, Businesses: One of the possible future purposes of the Services is to help users learn about destinations, events, and brands (for example, a city, places to sleep, places to see or things to do) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users.
Publicly Available Information and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, public trips (including their texts, photos and other information related to the trip), travel stats, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified location data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users you may follow, for analytical or other purposes.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location - The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll suggest you to add your current location). Depending on your privacy settings for this trip (see “Information Sharing” above), this information may be shared with others.
Sharing Location with the LiveTrips app - Your real-time location may be shared on the LiveTrips app. If you add a step, like or otherwise interact with a place, users may infer that you have been to that location or are at that location at this moment. All content,is time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a place even though stories can be posted when you aren’t at the place you are leaving a place.
Your Travel History - Every message you added using the Services is saved which allows you and (pending your privacy settings) everyone who has access to your trip, to look back at all the locations you have added since you created your Services account. You cannot delete individual messages from the trip page on our website or within the app. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your Services account, your entire messages history will be removed from our database.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
We use Mailchimp to send out email ! If you’ve signed up for emai communication your name and email address also wangs its way over to Mailchimp, which is the system we use to manage our newsletters and emails. They are (allegedly) GDPR compliant. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by hitting the unsubscribe button. If you sign up to our newsletter, we will send you a newsletter – generally around two a month, but occasionally more if there is more interesting stuff to tell you. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in every email. Your name and email address are stored securely in Mailchimp.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our agents use technologies like cookies, pixels, and local storage (like on your browser or device, which is similar to a cookie but holds more information) on our website, in our emails, and identifiers supplied by app platform companies within our apps to provide you with a range of products and services. You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools.
We and our agents use these technologies to do things like, make LiveTrips's Services easier or faster to use, enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of the Services; monitor and understand the use of our products and services; and to protect you, others and LiveTrips.
Personal Information Security
Access of Personal Information
LiveTrips allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the profile page (except usage information, which can be accessed by going to an individual trip on your profile). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, vechclle, photo)
- Usage information (for example, messages and its history)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email email@example.com.
We use social media a lot, partly to promote our trips but mostly as a vehicle for to share travel experiences. If you talk to us in our Facebook group and we become familiar with you, we might find you on Twitter and say hello. You can ask us to be less friendly if you wish and we will of course respect your boundaries.
Removal of Account
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you may do so by clicking on the "delete account" link on your profile page on our desktop website. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your travel history and your User Submissions (as defined in LiveTrips's Terms of Service), will be removed from the site and deleted from LiveTrips's servers. Because of the way we maintain LiveTrips, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Date: June 01, 2017
This document explains how we use the information we collect from the mobile service and from our web site.
What we collect
Your personal data
- Your nickname, username, password and e-mail address when you register to our service
- For your profile we optionally also collect your phone number. We need this to identify you as a user when posting the message from the SMS service. Charges will apply form your mobile operator, to Greek Vodafone, if you decide to send the message by using this feature. LiveTrips Traveller will not charge you anything else.
- Google Analytics to make our services better. http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
- The Content we collect is your location, the text message and optionally a single photo. We also collect information about each trip you make containing the trip title, the trip description, the vehicle type and date ranges.
LiveTrips Traveller uses the information it collects as follows:
- To remember your personal login data so you will not have to re-enter it
- Uses the data to make our Service better and more effective. By analyzing this data and information we develop new features.
- Uses the data to monitor metrics such as traffic, number of visitors etc.
LiveTrips Traveller will never rent or sell your information to third parties outside our App without your consent. The only case that we will use and share your information is in response to a legal request inside or outside the Greek territory. We will also use and share your information to legal authorities, if we believe that your content can cause any harm direct or indirect (ie bodily, psychological,death) to you and others.
LiveTrips Traveller will delete any information that violates the rules of this policy.
LiveTrips Traveller will delete any data and information that may cause problems to our service.
LiveTrips Traveller will always share all your data with you upon request.
Any content and information that you post to our Service is available publicly. This information may be re-shared by others. To change you privacy settings on the Service, change each trip’s public setting.
You can remove content and everything is will be removed from our databases, but if your public content (photos and text) has been re-shared elsewhere by third people or parties you are responsible to remove it.
Storage and Processing of your information
- Your information is stored locally to your mobile device and to our web server.
- By registering to our Service you agree that your personal data will be stored locally to your mobile and will be transferred to our web server.
- We are trying our best to keep your data secure. However, Live Trips cannot ensure that any information that is transmitted to our Service will not be accessed, altered or stolen. You are also responsible to keep your personal password and account information secret, not sharing it with others and changing it periodically.
LiveTrips Traveller Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete it immediately. If case you found out that there is information stored in our database from or about a child under the age of 18 please contact us.
By using LiveTrips Traveller service, web site or the mobile app you agree to be bound to the following Terms.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use our Services.
- You understand and agree that you use our Services at your own risk. LiveTrips Traveller cannot and will not be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you use the Service at your own risk.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the LiveTrips Traveller Service.
- You agree that you will not sell, transfer your account, username. You agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself and that all the information you provide will be true, accurate, current and complete.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service. You must not share any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers and non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify or alter the Service and you must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means such as an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper
- If you registered to our service but you have not logged in for more than a 5 months period your account will be deleted after a 15 days period notice