Date June 18, 2022
Welcome to LiveTrips website (www.LiveTrips.gr) and/or our iOS and Android mobile application (our “Platform”). These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) constitute a legal agreement between you and LiveTrips (hereinafter referred to as "we" or "LiveTrips") governing the use of our Platform and our Services. We license use of our Platform to you on the basis of these Terms. We do not sell our Platform to you and we remain the owner of our Platform at all times.
- The provisions set out in these Terms govern your access to and your use of our Platform and shall constitute a legally binding agreement between you and us. We may change such terms from time to time and shall notify you accordingly if we do. If you do not agree to such terms, you must not use our Platform.
- Subject to you agreeing to abide by these Terms, we hereby grant to you a revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable licence to use our Platform on these Terms.
- By registering for an Account, which involves providing us with certain mandatory and voluntary information as required for a successful registration and using our Platform, you agree and acknowledge that:
- you have read the terms set out in these Terms and agree to be bound by and comply with them; and
- you shall ensure that all Users of your Account abide by these Terms.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree that all actions carried out by any person through your Account shall be deemed to be an act carried out by you, and you shall ensure that all persons who have access to and use your Account are authorised to do so. We are not responsible for any loss, damage or liabilities arising as a result of or in connection with the wrongful, fraudulent or illegal use of your Account.
- We reserve the right to, without any notice, explanation or liability and in our sole discretion, refuse to allow you or suspend your access to our Platform or your Account at any time, or remove or edit content (including content submitted by you) on our Platform or on any of our affiliated websites (including social media pages).
- We reserve the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue any portion of the Services, our Platform or any other products, services, affiliated websites (including social media pages) and/or other software provided by us in connection with any of the foregoing at any time. You agree that access to or operation of any of the foregoing may from time to time be interrupted or encounter technical difficulties.
- Save to the extent permitted by us in writing, you are not permitted to use, or submit any content to, our Platform or any of our affiliated websites to advertise, promote or market any products or services of any third party or yourself.
- The following additional terms also apply to your use of our Platform and form part of these Terms:
- APPLE AND ANDROID DEVICES
- The following terms apply when you use our mobile application obtained from either the Apple’s, or Android’s store (each an “App Distributor”) to access the Platform:
- the License granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable License to use the application on a device that utilises the Apple iOS or Android operating systems, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor’s terms of service;
- we are responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application as specified in the terms and conditions of this mobile application License contained in these Terms and Conditions or as otherwise required under applicable law, and you acknowledge that each App Distributor has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application;
- in the event of any failure of the mobile application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the applicable App Distributor, and the App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if any, paid for the mobile application, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Distributor will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application;
- you must comply with applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the mobile application,
- you acknowledge and agree that the App Distributors are third-party beneficiaries of the terms and conditions in this mobile application License contained in these Terms and Conditions, and that each App Distributor will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the terms and conditions in this mobile application License contained in these Terms and Conditions against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- The following terms apply when you use our mobile application obtained from either the Apple’s, or Android’s store (each an “App Distributor”) to access the Platform:
- UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR PLATFORM
- You are fully responsible for your content uploaded to our Platform. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for:
- the content or accuracy of any content or data uploaded by you, by us on your behalf, or any other user of our Platform; or
- the loss of any content or data provided to us by you. You should keep a record of all such content and data.
- We will only use the content uploaded by you for the purposes of carrying out the Services, carrying out our obligations in this Agreement and any other purpose expressly set out in this Agreement or otherwise agreed between us. We will not otherwise disclose or distribute the content uploaded by you, save for when required by law, a court of competent jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority.
- When sharing and submitting content to any part of our Platform, please do not share and submit content that:
- contains ill-mannered, profane, abusive, racist, or hateful language or expressions, text, photographs, or illustrations that are pornographic or in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial, or religious nature.
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims.
- violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community.
- discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
- violates or inappropriately encourages the violation of any municipal, state, national, or international law, rule, regulation, or ordinance.
- sends repeated messages and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual or repeats the same message under multiple emails or subjects.
- Any submitted content that includes, but is not limited to the above, will be refused. If repeated violations occur, we reserve the right to cancel user access to the Platform without advanced notice.
- We do not assert any ownership over your content. You retain full ownership of all of your content and any intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights associated with your content. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your content provided by you in any area on the Platform.
- You are solely responsible for your content to the website, and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your content.
- We may use the content uploaded by you for the purpose of data analytics or to implement artificial intelligence or machine learning. Any such content shall be anonymised and used only for the purposes of improving the Services and our response to users of the Platform.
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Platform constitutes a violation of their rights under applicable law.
- We have the right to delete any content uploaded to our Platform if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out.
- PROHIBITED USES
- You may use our Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Platform:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local or international laws or regulations;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out in our prevailing terms and conditions as amended from time to time; and
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Platform in contravention of the provisions of our Terms; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Platform;
- any equipment or network on which our Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- You may use our Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Platform:
- You may only engage in educational and study-related activities while using the Service.
- Except as expressly set out in this Agreement or as permitted by any applicable law, you undertake:
- not to reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publish, display, communicate, transmit, sell, exploit or use the whole or any part of any Service, our Platform or any of the contents therein for any commercial or other purposes;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the source code of our Platform nor attempt to do any such thing, or to reproduce, display or otherwise provide access to the Services, our Platform or any of the contents therein, including but not limited to framing, mirroring, linking, spidering, scraping or any other technological means;
- not to provide or otherwise make available our Platform in whole or in part (including but not limited to program listings, object and source program listings, object code and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us;
- to include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies you make of our Platform on any medium;
- to comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations; and
- not to disrupt, disable, or otherwise impair the proper working of the Services, our Platform or our servers, such as through hacking, cyber-attacks (including but not limited to denial-of-service attacks), tampering or reprogramming.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in our Platform anywhere in the world belong to us, that rights in our Platform are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, our Platform other than the right to use them in accordance with these Terms.
- Any intellectual property rights in content uploaded by you to our Platform shall continue to belong to you or their respective owners. You agree that you grant us a royalty-free and non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, publish and display such intellectual property rights for the purposes of performing the Services, promotional purposes, internal administrative purposes and any other purposes set out in these Terms, including for the purpose of improving the Services and our responses to users of the Platform.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to our Platform in source code form.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from our Platform in any way and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Platform must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our Platform for commercial purposes not specified on our Platform without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any content on our Platform in breach of this Agreement, your right to use our Platform will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- While we make all efforts to maintain the accuracy of the information on our Platform, we provide the Services, Platform and all Related Content on an “as is” and “as available” basis, unless otherwise specified in writing. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of any of the foregoing, unless otherwise specified in writing.
- To the full extent permissible by law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, relating to our Platform or any Services, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the Services, our Platform, the Related Content, or electronic communications sent by us are free of viruses or other harmful components.
- RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- The Platform is intended to provide general information and entertainment only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. You should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in the Platform.
- The information provided on the Platform is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We are not liable for the completeness, accuracy or correctness of any information uploaded on our Platform and any Related Content. You expressly agree that your use of the Services and our Platform, is at your sole risk.
- You agree not to use the Services, our Platform and the Related Content for any re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms (including but not limited to the use of, or inability to use, the Services, our Platform or any other website or software) for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss or corruption of data or information;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any other indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury resulting from our negligence;
- fraud; and/or
- any other matter in respect of which we are prohibited under applicable law from limiting or excluding our liability.
- Our Platform is not intended to serve a record-keeping function and we shall not be liable for any loss of data or content.
- These Terms set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the Services and our Platform. Except as expressly stated in these Terms, there are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, that are binding on us. Any condition, warranty, representation or other term concerning the supply of the Services and our Platform which might otherwise be implied into, or incorporated in, these Terms whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us, our related corporations, and our respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives, independent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including but not limited to direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable legal fees, resulting from or arising out of your act, default or omission, whether in your use of our Platform, Services, and/or any websites or software in relation thereto or otherwise, and whether in respect of your breach of these Terms or any laws or regulations or otherwise.
- You agree to indemnify us in relation to all and any liabilities, penalties, fines, awards or costs arising from your non-compliance with these requirements.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- No joint venture, partnership or agency or employment relationship has arisen by reason of these Terms.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in it constitutes the entire agreement between us regarding their subject matter, and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to that subject matter. You agree that you shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in it. You agree that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in it.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Each of the conditions of these Terms operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms, its subject matter and its formation, and any other disputes or claims in connection therewith, are governed by the law of Greece. In the event of any such disputes or claims in connection with these Terms, you agree to first engage in good faith discussions with us to resolve such dispute or claim. If such dispute or claim is not resolved within sixty (60) days, we both irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Greece.
Archived Date : May 15, 2018
Terms & Conditons
Acceptance of Terms
Registration and Eligibility
create any account for anyone other than yourself without such person's permission;
- use a Traveller Name that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a Traveller Name or Livetrips account that is subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or
- use a Traveller Name that is a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise unlawful.
Content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, posted or otherwise obtained through the Service by users, is collectively referred to as, "User Submissions." User Submissions that are, or ever have been, part of a trip that has a “Public” privacy level, or that are not part of a trip (for example your hometown or user bio text) are collectively referred to as “Public User Submissions”. Users Submissions that are (and have always been) part of a trip that has an “Only me” privacy level, are collectively referred to as “Private User Submissions”. You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Platform is the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated; that Livetrips will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content. When you delete your User Submissions, they will be removed from the Service. However, you understand that any removed User Submissions may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but following removal will not be shared with others) or may remain with users who have previously accessed or downloaded your User Submissions.
Aggregated Pools of Information
Rules and Conduct
infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity or violates any law or contractual duty;
- you know is false, misleading, untruthful or inaccurate;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, offensive, profane, contains or depicts nudity, contains or depicts sexual activity, promotes bigotry, discrimination or violence, or is otherwise inappropriate as determined by Livetrips in its sole discretion;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail ("spamming");
- other than appropriate use of an Add-to Link, involves commercial activities (whether or not for profit) and/or sales without Livetrips's prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, worms, logic bombs or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, disable, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of Livetrips or any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any staff member or representative of Livetrips;
- includes anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information; or
- take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Livetrips in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Livetrips's (or its third party providers') infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service;
- bypass any measures Livetrips may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service);
- run any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Service;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Platform;
- harvest, scrape, copy or mirror any Content from the Service;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, republish, repurpose, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Platform Content (other than your User Submissions), except as expressly authorized by Livetrips;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Service (including without limitation any application or widget), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction;
- copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder;
Feedback and Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
Livetrips welcomes your feedback regarding Livetrips' existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us at email@example.com. Please provide only specific feedback on Livetrips existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that Livetrips policy will not permit it to accept or consider. It's just one more way that Livetrips can learn how to best satisfy your needs. Any feedback you provide to Livetrips or any of its employees shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Livetrips shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of the feedback for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation or attribution to you.
Third Party Sites and Services
The Service may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Platform. When you access third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These other websites are not under Livetrips's control, and you acknowledge that Livetrips is not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Livetrips or any association with its operators. You further acknowledge and agree that Livetrips shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Save to the extent required by law, LiveTrips has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that Liverips has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Service; what Content you access via the Service; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release LiveTrips from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Service. The Service may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. LiveTrips makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Service, and LiveTrips will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Service. You release us from all liability relating to your connections and relationships with other users. You understand that we do not, in any way, screen users, nor do we inquire into the backgrounds of users or attempt to verify their backgrounds or statements. We make no representations or warranties as to the conduct of users or the veracity of any information users provide. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the Services, including, without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and any damages resulting in any way from communications or meetings with users or persons you may otherwise meet through the Services. As such, you agree to take reasonable precautions and exercise the utmost personal care in all interactions with any individual you come into contact with through the Services, particularly if you decide to meet such individuals in person. THE SITE, SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" AND ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, SAVE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW.LIVETRIPS, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, SERVICE, CONTENT AND ADD-TO LINK IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
ALL LIABILITY OF LiveTrips, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HOWSOEVER ARISING FOR ANY LOSS SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE THE SITE, SERVICE, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR ADD-TO LINK IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SAVE THAT, IF A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION DETERMINES THAT LIABILITY OF LiveTrips, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS (AS APPLICABLE) HAS ARISEN, THE TOTAL OF SUCH LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED IN AGGREGATE TO ONE HUNDRED EURO’S (100 EURO’S). TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LiveTrips, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY OR OTHERWISE (AND WHETHER OR NOT LiveTrips, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS HAD PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, SERVICE, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS OR ADD-TO LINK FOR:
- INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES;
- LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS;
- LOSS OF REVENUE;
- LOSS OF GOODWILL;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- WASTED EXPENDITURE; OR
- COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES.
- DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING AS A RESULT OF OUR OR YOUR NEGLIGENCE (AS APPLICABLE);
- FRAUD (INCLUDING FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION), THEFT OR OTHER CRIMINAL ACTIVITY; OR
- ANY BREACH OF ANY OBLIGATIONS IMPLIED BY SECTION 12 OF THE USA SALE OF GOODS ACT 1979 OR SECTION 2 OF THE SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES ACT 1982.
Personal Information Collection
Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your Traveller name, email address, Facebook URL, avatar photo, location, vehicle, hobbies, bio, your website use information regarding your use of our Services, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi- access points and cell towers. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, enabling you to share your location and moments with others, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends may see (including LiveTrips or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with your email and this account will be used for all our Services that you use. We may also draw upon your Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- People with access to your trip: For each individual trip, in its “Trip settings” you can choose who can see it based on 3 privacy levels:
- Only me: Your trip will not be publicly visible and only you can access it.
- Everyone: Your trip becomes publicly accessible on the internet, and potentially every individual in the world can see it.
- LiveTrips Staff access: Even if your trip privacy level is set to "Only me" or "Only my followers", on an occasional basis LiveTrips staff members may still access your trip data for research and testing purposes and to solve problems you might experience.
Consequences of disclosing information: People who can see your trip, can see all its details including your current location (as described in more detail), previous locations on this trip, name, email, profile photo, links to your and Facebook accounts, photos you post, stories you write, and which LiveTrips Services you use. Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in trips, comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Services.
Locations, Events, Businesses: One of the possible future purposes of the Services is to help users learn about destinations, events, and brands (for example, a city, places to sleep, places to see or things to do) that are relevant to them, and for these entities to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users.
Publicly Available Information and Apps: When you use the Services, certain information is public, such as your public user profile information, public trips (including their texts, photos and other information related to the trip), travel stats, and may be searchable by search engines and be shared with or disclosed to third parties, to a wide range of users and services. We may also share or disclose aggregated and anonymous data, such as de-identified location data (that is, not tied to individual users), to third parties, including users you may follow, for analytical or other purposes.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location - The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device or go to one of our Sites, we use the location information from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services experience to your current location (i.e., we’ll suggest you to add your current location). Depending on your privacy settings for this trip (see “Information Sharing” above), this information may be shared with others.
Sharing Location with the LiveTrips app - Your real-time location may be shared on the LiveTrips app. If you add a step, like or otherwise interact with a place, users may infer that you have been to that location or are at that location at this moment. All content,is time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a place even though stories can be posted when you aren’t at the place you are leaving a place.
Your Travel History - Every message you added using the Services is saved which allows you and (pending your privacy settings) everyone who has access to your trip, to look back at all the locations you have added since you created your Services account. You cannot delete individual messages from the trip page on our website or within the app. If for some reason you ever decide to delete your Services account, your entire messages history will be removed from our database.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
We use Mailchimp to send out email ! If you’ve signed up for emai communication your name and email address also wangs its way over to Mailchimp, which is the system we use to manage our newsletters and emails. They are (allegedly) GDPR compliant. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by hitting the unsubscribe button. If you sign up to our newsletter, we will send you a newsletter – generally around two a month, but occasionally more if there is more interesting stuff to tell you. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in every email. Your name and email address are stored securely in Mailchimp.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our agents use technologies like cookies, pixels, and local storage (like on your browser or device, which is similar to a cookie but holds more information) on our website, in our emails, and identifiers supplied by app platform companies within our apps to provide you with a range of products and services. You can control cookies through your browser settings and other tools.
We and our agents use these technologies to do things like, make LiveTrips's Services easier or faster to use, enable features and store information about you (including on your device or in your browser cache) and your use of the Services; monitor and understand the use of our products and services; and to protect you, others and LiveTrips.
Personal Information Security
Access of Personal Information
LiveTrips allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. You can access this information on the Services by visiting the profile page (except usage information, which can be accessed by going to an individual trip on your profile). This list will change as our Service changes.
- Email address
- Other User profile information (for example, vechicle, photo)
- Usage information (for example, messages and its history)
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use social media a lot, partly to promote our trips but mostly as a vehicle for to share travel experiences. If you talk to us in our Facebook group and we become familiar with you, we might find you on Twitter and say hello. You can ask us to be less friendly if you wish and we will of course respect your boundaries.
Removal of Account
Should you ever decide to delete your Services account, you may do so by clicking on the "delete account" link on your profile page on our desktop website. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your travel history and your User Submissions (as defined in LiveTrips's Terms of Service), will be removed from the site and deleted from LiveTrips's servers. Because of the way we maintain LiveTrips, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Date: June 01, 2017
This document explains how we use the information we collect from the mobile service and from our web site.
What we collect
Your personal data
- Your Traveller name, password and e-mail address when you register to our service
- Your facebook url, instagram url, hobbies, vechicle, bio, an avatar photo, your website for building a profile
- Google Analytics to make our services better. http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
- Firebase Analytics to make our services better https://firebase.google.com/terms/
- The Content we collect is your location, the text message and optionally a single photo. We also collect information about each trip you make containing the trip title, the trip description, the vehicle type and date ranges.
LiveTrips Traveller uses the information it collects as follows:
- To remember your personal login data so you will not have to re-enter it
- Uses the data to make our Service better and more effective. By analyzing this data and information we develop new features.
- Uses the data to monitor metrics such as traffic, number of visitors etc.
LiveTrips Traveller will never rent or sell your information to third parties outside our App without your consent. The only case that we will use and share your information is in response to a legal request inside or outside the Greek territory. We will also use and share your information to legal authorities, if we believe that your content can cause any harm direct or indirect (ie bodily, psychological,death) to you and others.
LiveTrips Traveller will delete any information that violates the rules of this policy.
LiveTrips Traveller will delete any data and information that may cause problems to our service.
LiveTrips Traveller will always share all your data with you upon request.
Any content and information that you post to our Service is available publicly. This information may be re-shared by others. To change you privacy settings on the Service, change each trip’s public setting.
You can remove content and everything is will be removed from our databases, but if your public content (photos and text) has been re-shared elsewhere by third people or parties you are responsible to remove it.
Storage and Processing of your information
- Your information is stored locally to your mobile device and to our web server.
- By registering to our Service you agree that your personal data will be stored locally to your mobile and will be transferred to our web server.
- We are trying our best to keep your data secure. However, Live Trips cannot ensure that any information that is transmitted to our Service will not be accessed, altered or stolen. You are also responsible to keep your personal password and account information secret, not sharing it with others and changing it periodically.
LiveTrips Traveller Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete it immediately. If case you found out that there is information stored in our database from or about a child under the age of 18 please contact us.
By using LiveTrips Traveller service, web site or the mobile app you agree to be bound to the following Terms.
- You must be at least 18 years old to use our Services.
- You understand and agree that you use our Services at your own risk. LiveTrips Traveller cannot and will not be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you use the Service at your own risk.
- You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the LiveTrips Traveller Service.
- You agree that you will not sell, transfer your account. You agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself and that all the information you provide will be true, accurate, current and complete.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
- You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service. You must not share any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers and non-public email addresses.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, images, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, post or display on or via the Service.
- You must not change, modify or alter the Service and you must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means such as an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
- You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper
- If you registered to our service but you have not logged in for more than a 5 months period your account will be deleted after a 15 days period notice